HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Roses have traditionally been associated with love and romance. The symbolism varies depending on the colour of the rose and how many roses are given.
- Red roses symbolise love and romance;
- Pink roses symbolise gratitude, grace, admiration, and joy;
- Orange roses symbolise enthusiasm and passion;
- Yellow roses symbolise friendship;
- White roses symbolise innocence and purity;
- Lilac/blue roses symbolise the ideal;
- Deep red/Black roses symbolise passion and lust.
Though in most cases, roses are tied to love, you can send a specific romantic message by the number of roses you send.
- One rose symbolises love at first sight;
- Two roses symbolise shared and deep love;
- Three roses say “I love you”;
- Six roses say “I want to be yours”;
- Seven roses say “I’m infatuated with you”;
- Nine roses symbolise eternal love;
- Ten roses say “You’re perfect”;
- Twelve roses say “You are precious to me”;
- 50 roses say “My love knows no bounds”.
Join me for Floral Friday Fotos by linking your flower photos below, and please leave a comment once you have done so.
***If you take part in the meme, please show an active link back to this site on your own blog post!***
Add your own link to the Linky list below and say hello in a comment. Please visit other participants in the meme. Thank you for your loyalty and perseverance in linking up, it is appreciated!