The rules for posting are simple!

1. Every Friday post a photo that includes one or more flowers.
2. Please only post photos you have authority to use.
3. Include a link to this blog in your post - http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/
4. Leave the link to your FloralFridayFoto post below on inlinkz.
5. Visit other blogs listed ... comment & enjoy!

When to Post:
inlinkz will be available every Thursday and will remain open until the next Wednesday.

Thursday 7 June 2012

FFF29 - ECHINACEA

Echinacea is a genus of herbaceous flowering plants in the daisy family, Asteraceae. The nine species it contains are commonly called purple coneflowers. They are endemic to eastern and central North America, where they are found growing in moist to dry prairies and open wooded areas.

They have large, showy heads of composite flowers, blooming from early to late summer. The generic name is derived from the Greek word ἐχῖνος (echinos), meaning "sea urchin," due to the spiny central disk. Some species are used in herbal medicines and some are cultivated in gardens for their showy flowers. A few species are of conservation concern.

Join me for Floral Friday Fotos by linking your flower photos below, and please leave a comment once you have done so!

24 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Extreme macro! This is really great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful macro! i love that you included the bee.:p

    Walking Iris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image! Great bee detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Great macro! Beautiful:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful close up! Echinacea blooms late summer in our garden!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of this flower. And it is good for creating colds. :)

    Thanks for hosting FFF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful how you caught the angle of the heart with the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exquisite photo of the Echinacea with a honeybee hard at work! Just stunning! I am so inspired by all your wonderful images. Thank you for hosting and I'm happy to be joining this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Echinacea and a honey bee!!
    Excellent picture!
    Thank you for your visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried growing it, but didn't succeed:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. A superb capture Nick - love that bee! Thanks for sharing and hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, it's a superb capture! Awesome colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gracious! That's a superb photo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ein Sonnenhut ist immer gut. Schönes Foto.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful shot! Looks like the little bee is hard at work.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Back at last catching up on all the gorgeous flower shots I missed during my enforced absence.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shot!I just planted one of this in my garden last week! They are very pretty! I'm thinking of buying some more because I love the way they are short, I can put them in front of my other plants!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty flower, pretty photo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of my very favorite blooms! I have some blooming now in my garden - this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Echinacea is one of the loveliest of blossoms!

    ReplyDelete