The rules for posting are simple!

1. Every Friday post a photo that includes one or more flowers.
2. Please only post photos you have authority to use.
3. Include a link to this blog in your post - http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/
4. Leave the link to your FloralFridayFoto post below on inlinkz.
5. Visit other blogs listed ... comment & enjoy!

When to Post:
inlinkz will be available every Thursday and will remain open until the next Wednesday.

Wednesday 25 January 2012

FFF10 - PROTEA NERIIFOLIA

A bouquet of Protea neriifolia x susannae "Pink Ice" for today. Protea neriifolia is part of an ancient plant family, the Proteaceae, which had already divided into two subfamilies before the break-up of the Gondwanaland continent about 140 million years ago. Both the Proteoideae and the Grevilleoideae occur mainly in the southern hemisphere. This is the hardiest of all proteas, and well suited to low maintenance, low water use gardens. These spectacular blooms are useful in floral arrangements, fresh or dried.


Please join me for Floral Friday Fotos by linking your flower photos below, and leave a comment once you have done so!






18 comments:

  1. Thank you for your participation and your kind comments!
    NIck

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely flowers! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These flowers look very strong beacuase they have survived for a long time.
    Happy Australia Day, Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...lovely flowers...wonderful picture...
    Greetings Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just so beautiful! Fabulous shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photo of an, for me, unfamiliar flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the proteas Nix; beautiful photograph

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful flowers and also very old. I wish i can join this site in the future, just saw it in Bernieh's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why the comment field disappears as the site loads. A mystery! I am not replying to Andrea but this is the only way I can post a comment. I wanted to say I have never seen protea growing! Wonderful photograph.

      Delete
  9. Beautiul colors! I love it!
    http://suzi-doodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful capture of these colorful protea. I bought some at a local market, and was a bit disappointed in how the looked as the opened up, but such interesting flowers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have a button somewhere that I can use to find you more easily??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the invite....if I can remember, I'll join in someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nick is there any want that you can put the html code under the button visible for me to pick up. I don't know how to do that separately. When I copied it, the picture did not come out with the code.... just the code on my sidebar. Sorry, I am not too computer savvy. Also tried to add the photo above the code with no joy....Did not work ( for me) Thanks an let me know. LIke having the photo with the code on the sidebar so folks can see the picture and then goes right to you when the click on it., Appreciate it! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, I missed this one -love the Protea - I saw it on the internet for the first time and was so taken with it, that I painted a 24 x 24 flower of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I appreciate your work!

    ReplyDelete